May 2, 2020
Subject: RCPNA City Council Candidate Questionnaire
Dear Portland City Council Candidate,
I hope this finds you healthy and safe during this crazy-making pandemic. It has been unusual times for all of us including our Rose City Park Neighborhood Association. Typically, we hold an annual Candidates Fair in March to allow all of those running in our local races a chance to be heard. As you likely know, this had to be cancelled along with all public presentations with the exception of those through social distancing.
We are hoping it is not too late to address this lack of communication through a questionnaire developed by our RCPNA Board.
Please complete the following questionnaire and return your responses to me or to email@example.com, ASAP. The format may be in Word, JPEG, or HTML/email.
Your responses will be posted on our websites, RCPNA.org and Facebook, and electronic links provided to viewers on Nextdoor in the NE Portland area.
Please keep your total answers to 2-page maximum.
City Council Position________________________________________
- Why are you running for city council/mayor?
- What are your thoughts on claims that RIP will create affordable housing?
- Are you concerned that RIPs broad mandate for development could lead to possible unintended, but negative consequences?
- Rose City Park has more renters in single-family homes than apartments. As regards RIP, what can be done to minimize the effect on these renters who may be displaced due to homeowners selling their rentals to developers who will be building multi-family units?
- What can be done to keep the prices of single-family homes and duplexes (as contrasted with apartments) affordable to mid-range workers with families and retirees on fixed incomes?
Thank you so much for your consideration!!
Tamara DeRidder, AICP